Hardware  >   Electronics Equipment  >   Consumer Electronics Equipment  >  

Game Consoles

RSS Feed    Add to Google    Add to My Yahoo!
ALSO CALLED: X-box, Video Game Consoles, Games Consoles, Consoles
DEFINITION: X-Box is a game console developed by Microsoft to provide players with a more realistic and immediate interactive experience than current consoles and to gain Microsoft a leadership position in the game console market. The X-Box includes a 600 MHz Intel processor, a custom-designed graphics processor referred to as the X-Chip, 64 megabyte of memory, and a built-in digital versatile disk movie player.  … 
Definition continues below.
Game ConsolesWhite Papers (View All Report Types)
1 Match
Designing Artificial Intelligence for Games (part 2)
sponsored by Intel Software Network
WHITE PAPER: This article gets dangerously close to real artificial intelligence (AI). All intelligent agents need to have a basic ability to perceive their environment and some means of navigating and moving within the world around them-be it real or otherwise. Read on to learn more about AI.
Posted: 17 Aug 2009 | Published: 11 Jun 2009

Intel Software Network
1 Match
 
GAME CONSOLES DEFINITION (continued): …  Microsoft claims that the X-Box delivers 300 million polygons per second (imagery in games is developed in uniformly-sized polygonal units) and they compare this performance with the 66 million polygons per second delivered by Sony's PlayStation 2 console. A modem for Internet access is optional.Microsoft expects to develop about 30% of the games offered for the X-Box and offers its DirectX graphics development interface to companies that will develop the remaining 70%. Although Microsoft is relatively new to the console player business, it currently is a leader in software for the PC game market. … 
Game Consoles definition sponsored by WhatIs.com, powered by WhatIs.com an online computer dictionary

About TechTarget:

TechTarget provides enterprise IT professionals with the information they need to perform their jobs - from developing strategy, to making cost-effective IT purchase decisions and managing their organizations' IT projects - with its network of technology-specific Web sites, events and magazines

All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2014, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement