Premise vs. Hosted Contact Center: Total Cost of Ownership Analysis
Today, the majority of North American contact centers today are supported by premise-based contact center and telephony systems, a model which has several key benefits:
- A mature and proven deployment model
- Complete control over the systems and applications
- Connection with other business systems and applications
- The financial advantages ownership affords
But there's another money-saving option for contact centers: third-party owned and operated hosted services. The advantages of this model include:
- Rapid start up
- Little or no capital expenses
- Access to the latest technologies,
- Fewer staff required to support the systems
- And more
Which model should you choose for your contact center? Before you decide, there's another factor you should consider: Total cost of ownership (TCO). TCO is a valuable way to compare contact center acquisition and deployment alternatives, but should be viewed as only one element in a comprehensive decision process.
This white paper presents the result of the TCO analysis for 12 contact center configurations.