Backup in times of virtualization and IT optimization
Forrester Consulting recently conducted primary customer research to determine how the global economic downturn would affect IT priorities and technology deployments in 2009 and how these changes would reshape backup and recovery priorities, budgets, and strategies.
In this keynote presentation, Stephanie will unveil the 5 key findings from this research:
- During the economic downturn, companies will focus on consolidating IT, helping the company achieve regulatory compliance, and securing the company's sensitive data.
- The economic downturn will not significantly impact backup and recovery budgets and continued adoption of disk-based data protection.
- In 2009, companies remain focused on solving fundamental backup challenges including: improving recovery objectives, improving success rates, and backing up virtual servers.
- Deduplication will become mainstream in the next 12 months.
- Server virtualization will have a significant impact on backup and data protection strategies.