Backup in times of virtualization and IT optimization
In this keynote presentation, Stephanie will unveil the 5 key findings from this research:
- During the economic downturn, companies will focus on consolidating IT, helping the company achieve regulatory compliance, and securing the company's sensitive data.
- The economic downturn will not significantly impact backup and recovery budgets and continued adoption of disk-based data protection.
- In 2009, companies remain focused on solving fundamental backup challenges including: improving recovery objectives, improving success rates, and backing up virtual servers.
- Deduplication will become mainstream in the next 12 months.
- Server virtualization will have a significant impact on backup and data protection strategies.