This resource is no longer available
A 6-month pilot study at this Magnet-recognized hospital implemented a system that combined patient monitoring technology with turn alerts to improve patient repositioning adherence.
The LEAF◊ Patient Monitoring System offers:
- Personalized care for each patient
- Digital turn reminders (in room and at the nurses’ station)
- Confirmation that patient turns have sufficiently offloaded pressure
- Automatically generated reports that can be used for root cause analysis
The facility also:
- Took advantage of staff training provided by Smith+Nephew for safe and effective repositioning
- Conducted baseline turn protocol adherence study before pilot
- Established goal and stretch goal for reduction in pressure injury incidence
See how the LEAF System helped this hospital exceed their stretch goal and save $389K net in 6 months.