8 reasons IAM is so important
8 Reasons Identity and Access Management is so Important
On a fundamental level, IAM encompasses the following components:
- how individuals are identified in a system (understand the difference between identity management and authentication)
- how roles are identified in a system and how they are assigned to individuals
- adding, removing and updating individuals and their roles in a system
- assigning levels of access to individuals or groups of individuals; and
- protecting the sensitive data within the system and securing the system itself.
But why is IAM so important? Inside this e-guide find 8 reasons why IAM is so important and different technology that supports it.