Computer Weekly � 26 June 2018: Visa reveals causes of payment chaos
In this week’s Computer Weekly, after a major outage that affected millions of customers, payment provider Visa reveals what caused its network to crash. We look at the innovations coming from startups in software-defined storage. And we assess the prospects for Canada’s push to target European IT buyers.
- We examine the startup suppliers that are pioneering new approaches to software-defined storage
- Following its free-trade agreement with the EU, Canada is promoting its tech sector to European IT buyers. We take a look at what CIOs can expect.
- Two years ago, the Mercedes AMG Formula 1 team deployed Pure Storage all-flash arrays in its datacentre and in mobile racks out on the circuit. It’s a bet that has paid off for the racing team.
- Fashion retailer Boden’s director of digital experience talks about the company’s transformation process, and how it is using digital elements across the business to foster innovation.
- Taking a containerised, componentised and compartmentalised approach to software can help businesses better serve their customers, but it also presents CIOs with the challenge of managing a more complex environment.