Ask the experts: Discover how to handle external security auditors

What's the Best Way to Handle External Security Auditors?

Cover

A survey conducted at RSA Conference 2015 found that only about 68% of IT pros are honest with security auditors about the occurrence of incidents—leaving 32% of respondents in a decidedly gray area of ethics.

What should enterprises do when it comes to dealing with external security auditors? What are the pros and cons of reporting a security incident? Do information security audits find all vulnerabilities?

In this expert guide, Mike Villegas, Vice President of K3DES LLC, elucidates how to tackle three major issues to consider when dealing with external security auditors.

Read on to make the most of the audit process, and ensure security gaps are properly addressed with risk-based controls, penetration testing, and baseline configurations for Layer 3 devices and servers, and more. 

Vendor:
Dell Software
Posted:
Feb 8, 2021
Published:
Oct 5, 2016
Format:
PDF
Type:
eGuide
Already a Bitpipe member? Log in here

Download this eGuide!