Why APIs are different than integration
APIs are Different than Integration
Many developers and architects see APIs as an evolution and continuation of the integration-based architectures that have long been in use within enterprise IT. However, this is a limited view that misses the larger realization that APIs have become a foundational technology for the development of robust and scalable enterprise applications.
In this eBook, we explore API-centric architecture in detail, and examine some of the important implications of this shift for enterprise application development today.
What’s inside? Find out why:
- All development is API development
- SOA gives way to micro-services
- Services governance does not scale
- APIs make agile data possible
- Integration patterns are not required in the DevOps world
- And more