This resource is no longer available
Data Center & Virtualisation Purchasing Intentions 2013
This exclusive survey of over 600 European IT professionals reveals organisations��� spending plans for Data Centre equipment and virtualisation.
This report by Computer Weekly and Techtarget, assesses organisations plans for buying servers (enterprise, blade), integrated and converged infrastructure, virtualization technology,�� storage,�� systems management technology, and open source software, including Linux.
The report also takes an in-depth look at organisation���s plans for cloud technology, including their motivations for investing in private cloud, public cloud, and their choice of supplier.
And it assess biggest factors considered by organisations��� in their choice of supplier,�� the features they look for, and the greatest challenges they face.
- HP Continues dominance in Europe ��� 70% of Data Centres use HP Products
- Hardware Performance is less important than product reliability
- Virtualisation, driven by consolidation is still driving hardware purchas
- Energy efficiency is a major decision facto
- Converged infrastructure hardware gaining traction
- Hyper-V consideration is very strong (30%) ��� driven by price
- Private Cloud is driven by better perceived amortization / utilization rates and fear of outsourcing
- Microsoft showing particular strength for private, public, and hybrid (Azure) cloud
- There is a gap in virtualization management: Europe is behind in adoption
Click on the button below to download this exclusive report