This resource is no longer available
Harvey Nash CIO Survey 2012
CIOs are more confident of securing technology budget increases than at any time in the last five years, according to the CIO Technology Survey 2012.
- Increasing budgets: 44 percent of global CIOs saw a budget increase this year; the highest proportion since 2007, and a leap from 39 percent in 2011 and 28 percent in 2010.
- Leap in demand for digital and mobile solutions: Digital media is firmly on the CIO's agenda with 58 percent of global CIOs actively promoting the development of solutions for smartphones and tablets such as iPads.
- Demand for improving time-to-market: Of the areas of focus for CIOs, the category that grew the most in 2012 was Improving Time-to-Market, underlining the importance of growth and expansion planning.
- Profit focus: More than half of CIOs (56 percent) say projects that make money from technology rather than save money are the priority.
- Outsourcing plays a bigger role.
- Multi sourcing in vogue.
- CIO role is changing and increasing in importance.
- Strategic influence of the CIO continues to grow.
This research was conducted by Harvey Nash in association with TelecityGroup.
Harvey Nash, a global professional recruitment consultancy and IT outsourcing service provider.