This resource is no longer available
Supercomputers: prestige objects or crucial tools for science and industry ?
Professor Hans Werner Meuer, co-founder of the Top500 supercomputer list, gives an upto the minute assessment of high performance computing technology and applications.
This power point presentation is packed with graphs and diagrams, showing the growth in supercomputer speed, an assessment of supercomputer suppliers, and rankings of the top countries and sites for supercomputers.
- analysis of supercomputer suppliers
- supplier market share
- supercomputers ranked by country
- growth of supercomputer speed and future projections
- top 20 supercomputer sites
- Moores Law for supercomputers
- supercomputers and weather forecasting
- aerodynamics simulation
- Blue brain project
- High performance challenge benchmark
- Graph 500 project
- green super computers
- quantum computing
Hans Werner Meuer gave this presentation at the Lorraine King Memorial Lecture, sponsored by Computer Weekly, at the House of Lords in April 2012.