Discover information integration and governance in your organization
In this presentation transcript, Ron Powell will provide an overview of the information integration and governance theme and discuss the importance of the five topics within that theme: information integration, MDM, data warehousing and analytics, database management and tools, and database security and privacy, and lifecycle management.
Information integration and governance:
- A strong governance foundation is required to ensure policy and metrics are applied consistently across the organization at a heterogeneous level
- Provides clean, consistent, integrated, relevant, and secure data that people can trust
- Provides consensus on common terms and metrics
- Establishes a process to manage information integrity and consistency across the enterprise.
- Data integration, master data management, data warehousing, database management systems, data security and privacy, and lifecycle management must all be anchored by a consistent governance process