Presentation Transcript: Transparent Migration - Don’t get Locked in to Your Legacy Physical or Virtual Tape Library
Has your tape library or VTL become obsolete, or lacks the performance, functionality, and integration levels that your organization needs? Are you experiencing storage inefficiencies caused by needlessly backing up duplicate data? There are many sound reasons to migrate existing physical and virtual tape library data. But it could be that the potential headaches of migration have prevented you from doing so.
Join FalconStor Chris Poelker, VP of Enterprise Solutions at FalconStor and Peter Sjoberg, Senior Director, Americas NAS & Business Continuity Solutions at HDS, for an insightful presentation on how easily you can transparently migrate existing tape libraries and VTLs to the market-leading FalconStor® Virtual Tape Library (VTL) solution without any change to your existing data and without impacting your backup and restore operations.
Learn how serverless migration can help you upgrade aging and restricted environments without the typical complexities of migration, while providing numerous advantages:
- Capacity optimization through integrated data deduplication
- Improved performance, quality, and data protection
- Preserve and protect critical data sets on virtual and physical tape
- Minimize production downtime
- WAN-optimized replication for fast, efficient disaster recovery (DR)
- Cluster scalability for high performance and availability (HA)
- Extensive tape integration
- Deduplication-aware replication - including consolidating multiple remote offices to a single appliance in the data center
- Symantec NetBackup OpenStorage (OST) support with direct-to-tape functionality