Configuring NetApp for SnapMirror – for VMware Site Recovery Manager
In this presentation transcript, Mike Laverick (blogger/author/vExpert and all round virtualization guru!) explains how to setup NetApp SnapMirror ready for use with ESX and SRM. As the author of two books on VMware SRM – you will be in safe hands. And you will find setting up NetApp SnapMirror is actually incredibly easy to do. Once SnapMirror is configured Mike will demonstrate how to configure the SRM Array Manager to discover the NetApp Array.
Topics that will be discussed:
- Install the NetApp SRA to the SRM Server
- License NetApp SnapMirror
- Create and Mount an NFS volume
- Enabled and Configure SnapMirror
- Configure the SRM Array Manager
- Carry out your first SRM Test with NetApp and VMware SRM together
Note from Sponsor: When Mike creates the FlexVol he explains that there is a 20% snap reserve setting on the FlexVol and that 20% will be used for snapshot space. It is NetApp’s recommendation in VMware environments to set the snap reserve to 0%.