The State of Privacy and Data Security Compliance
We are pleased to present The State of Privacy and Data Security Compliance study conducted by Ponemon Institute and sponsored by Sophos. The purpose of the study is to determine if various international, federal and state data security laws improve an organization’s security posture. The study seeks to answer questions such as:
- What is the value of compliance and does it correlate with the value of the compliance effort?
- Do the plethora of new privacy and data security regulations help or hinder an organization’s ability to protect sensitive and confidential information assets and remain competitive in the global marketplace?
- How difficult is it to be in compliance, who is the typical person or functional leader accountable for compliance?
- What is the value to the organization?
- What differences exist in security practices between compliant and non-compliant organizations?
Researchers surveyed 528 IT and security practitioners who are involved in their organization’s data security efforts, including those responsible for the technologies that support compliance efforts and managing and/or auditing legal and regulatory requirements.
Read this analyst report to learn more about the results of this study and their implications.