Dell PowerVault MD3000 1000 Mailbox Local Continuous Replication Microsoft Exchange 2007 Storage Solution
This white paper describes a tested and validated storage solution for a 1000 mailbox Exchange Server 2007 environment with Local Continuous Replication (LCR) feature. Dell PowerVault MD3000 is a SAS based intelligent storage cabinet. The major features of the storage system are:
- Modular array capable of housing up to fifteen 3.5-inch SAS disk drives in a single rack enclosure.
- Support for up to two additional daisy-chained PowerVault MD1000 storage enclosures in unified mode for a total of 45 hard drives.
- Host system connectivity via Dell SAS 5/E Host Bus Adapter (HBA).
- Support for either up to two Highly Available (HA) hosts with redundant data paths or up to four non-HA hosts with a single data path via a SAS 5/E HBA.
- Two redundant, hot-pluggable power supply/fan modules.
- Management options: In-band (via SAS connection) and out of band (via Ethernet) enclosure.
- RAID and system management using Dell MD Storage Manger and Modular Disk Storage Manager Client.