Copper and Glass: Securing the Foundation of your 10 Gigabit Data Center
When upgrading to 10 Gigabit Ethernet, it's important that the Layer 1 foundation for the data center network remains stable and problem free. Disruptions in the copper or fiber will disrupt every service on the network link; these disruptions can often times be catastrophic. Read this white paper for a look at the following considerations when upgrading to 10 Gigabit Ethernet:
- Should I use Copper or Fiber?
- Replace or re-use existing cabling?
- Certification testing and problem prevention
- FUD: fear, uncertainty and downtime
- Looking ahead; what future technologies are being planned
- And much more