By Philippa Thomas, Debra Paul and James Cadle
Mastering influencing skills opens doors for your career by improving not just the ways in which you interact with important groups of people, but also by increasing your self-confidence in your ability to communicate persuasively.
The more confident you become the greater success you will enjoy. However, to be truly influential requires you not only to master the tools and techniques, but to be able to appreciate the benefits of what you’re recommending to those you’re trying to influence.
This chapter from The Human Touch: Personal Skills for Professional Success, gives you the key facts you need to develop and grow your influence in the workplace.
- influence versus power;
- defining our circle of influence;
- influencing and the three universal human goals;
- Cialdini’s ‘six principles of influence’
- the outcome frame;
- questions: the golden key to influence
- influencing according to social preference
- the influencing process
Download this book chapter to receive a 20% discount.