This resource is no longer available
5 Myths About High Performance Computing
High performance computing (HPC) has evolved in the past decade, and many old assumptions no longer ring true. These preconceived notions are keeping IT pros from taking advantage of these systems to run applications more efficiently. Continue on to this white paper that debunks these top five myths about high performance computing:
- Myth 1: “HPC” is just another name for proprietary “supercomputers.”
- Myth 2: HPC is only for academic and government research labs.
- Myth 3: HPC systems are so expensive that only large organizations can afford them.
- Myth 4: Because of their complexity, HPC systems are incredibly difficult to deploy and manage.
- Myth 5: It doesn’t make sense to invest in HPC in times of economic uncertainty.
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.