This resource is no longer available
Successful information governance through high-quality data
With an overwhelming amount of structured and unstructured data and many organizations struggling to keep up, mismanaging this data can lead to a number of problems.
This white paper examines the benefits of information governance tools. By leveraging tools such as IBM’s InfoShpere Information Server, you will be able to:
- Define a common business language to reduce communication between business and IT
- Understand data and data relationships to gain a complete picture before beginning a project
- Analyze and monitor data quality to reduce the proliferation of incorrect or inconsistent data
- Cleanse, standardize and match information to ensure quality and consistency
- And maintain data lineage to end users can trace data back to original sources.