This resource is no longer available
A Production-Line System in Six Months, With Room to Expand - Case Study
After developing the PCS-L700, a product that automates the process of printing and attaching labels to bento boxed lunches, Teraoka Seiko determined that it worked best as part of an intelligent system that provided weight and unit-price information on the production line. This would require connecting the device to a database powered by an online server, and Teraoka Seiko needed the right development tools and operating system to make the idea a reality.
Read this brief case study overview to learn how the software that Teraoka Seiko chose for this project has provided:
- 15-year operating system availability that outlasts the PCS-L700's lifespan
- Global language support for exported products
- Rapid completion (six months)
- The ability to connect to a range of other devices in order to expand the functionality of the PCS-L700
- And production cost control through greater efficiency.