This resource is no longer available
Building an SOA infrastructure with Windows HPC server 2008 and Platform Symphony (WP)
Since the recent credit crisis, financial services institutions are focused on more accurately quantifying counterparty risk, and grid computing and service-oriented architecture (SOA) are two key infrastructure components that have proven invaluable in these efforts.
Read this white paper to get an understanding of how grid computing and SOA technologies function and discover how, by enabling faster computing with greater fidelity, they boost performance and results in mission-critical application areas like:
- Front-office applications (pre-deal, limit checking, and decision support)
- Risk systems (front-office, middle-office and Monte Carlo based VaR)
- Credit scoring and counterparty risk analysis
- Actuarial analysis and new product modeling
- And stress testing and historical simulation.