This resource is no longer available
Information Governance Online Symposium -- The GARP® Principles: Achieving Better Information Governance
Record-keeping irregularities are at the heart of several high-profile cases that resulted in corporate failures over the past decade, starting with Enron and ending with Bernie Madoff.
What went wrong in each of these cases?
In this three-part course, experts from Proctor & Gamble and ARMA International divulge records management strategies for fool-proof information governance. Visit the classroom now to learn why the regulatory landscape of records management is changing and how Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (GARP®) can help. Designed to assist organizations in implementing records systems and policies to keep you out of the headlines for the wrong reasons, GARP is essential for modern-day management.
Lesson 1 -- GARP & The Corporate Model -- includes:
- How to support your organization's immediate and future regulatory, legal, risk mitigation, environmental and operational requirements
- Examples showing how the GARP® principles can help you reach strategic objectives and improve business operations
Lesson 2 – The GARP Principles -- includes:
- The 8 GARP® principles that can help shape best practices for information governance
- How to create effective governance structures to ensure transparency and accountability in recordkeeping
Lesson 3 – The Increasing Role of Privacy Regulations in Records Management -- includes:
- The impact that highly restrictive privacy regulations have on records management, along with strategies for addressing these requirements on a global level
Take the course today!