This resource is no longer available
Information Governance Online Symposium 2.0: Applying GARP® to SharePoint 2010 Governance Classroom
In this four-part classroom, learn from Monica Crocker, Corporate Records Manager at Land O'Lakes, as she explains the information governance benefits and opportunities of SharePoint 2010.
Lesson 1 – SharePoint, Governance, and GARP: An Overview – includes:
- General learning objectives, a SharePoint background, and its links to governance and GARP
Lesson 2 – Getting to Work: Building a Governance Model – includes:
- Criteria for selecting SharePoint and basic components to an effective governance structure
Lesson 3 – Standards, Architectures, and Security, Oh My! – includes:
- A look at SharePoint configuration, security, and process management for the enterprise
Lesson 4 – Content Types for Intuitive Organization and Collaboration – includes: •Details on how to item categorization in SharePoint functions, along with steps for effective content type management and configuring accidental collaboration
After completing these lessons, you will be able to:
- Identify the preliminary work needed for a SharePoint 2010 deployment that achieves information governance and records management objectives
- Demonstrate to your organization how SharePoint pays off by making information more findable, usable, and trustworthy
- Guide others through information architecture configuration choices and define SharePoint 2010 content types
- Appropriately use SharePoint components, such as the terms store, records center, and more
Take the course today!