This resource is no longer available
Enterprise Data Modeling: 7 Mistakes You Can’t Afford to Make
Many IT professionals feel overwhelmed by the prospect of developing an enterprise data modeling program because of its vast scope, the new methods, tools and techniques. While the benefits of well-managed enterprise architectures are clear, the path to get there can be tricky.
This white paper discusses the obstacles of enterprise data modeling, including:
- Forgetting that an enterprise architecture is a living framework
- Keeping data models invisible
- Assuming that business users can't understand or review models
- Thinking that data models are only about databases
- Forgetting about the sizzle
- Thinking of them as your models.
Read on to learn how to overcome these pitfalls and why enterprise data modeling is essential to a company.