With the amount of data center consolidation occurring today, moving to server virtualization has happened very quickly. This whitepaper discuss SPB and TRILL, two emerging technologies that wish to virtualize networks without adding complexity.
There are many benefits to virtualization – reducing the number of servers, enabling direct cost savings for server hardware, space, power, etc. Networking virtualization is a key component to the success of cloud computing.
This whitepaper compares and contrasts TRILL and SPB using many characteristics. Also included:
- Simplifying network virtualization
- Background and basics of TRILL
- Background and basics of SPB
- Technology compare and contrast
- Additional features - making SPB "enterprise-friendly"