This resource is no longer available
Five Keys to Disk Backup Scalability
In selecting a disk-based backup solution, it’s critical to consider the scalability of each prospective solution to ensure that it will meet the needs of your organization now and into the future. This paper outlines the five key questions you should ask when evaluating the scalability of any disk-based backup solution.
- Can the system size to your current requirements and accommodate near-term data growth without requiring you to purchase more initial capacity than you need?
- Does the system enable you to keep all of your backup history and retention on disk cost effectively?
- As your data grows, can you cost-effectively add capacity to the system without disruption or added complexity?
- Does the system maintain leading backup and restore performance as capacity is added?
- Does the system’s core architecture scale along with your data?