This resource is no longer available
HOWTO Secure and Audit Oracle 10g & 11g: Account Security (Complimentary Chapter Download)
SQL injection, Zeus botnets, insider threats and new data protection regulations require tighter controls to secure high-value databases.
Account security is one of the fundamental building blocks in ensuring a secure Oracle environment. Weak and default passwords are often seen as the #1 reason for database breaches-and many breaches occur because of configuration errors in creating database accounts.
Authored by database security expert and IBM/Guardium CTO, Ron Ben Natan, Ph.D., “HOWTO Secure and Audit Oracle 10g and 11g” (CRC Press, 2009) is the definitive 454-page guide for security pros, DBAs, enterprise architects and audit/compliance managers.
Download a complimentary chapter from this book to learn HOWTO:
- Create users, profiles and policies.
- Enforce complex passwords and check for weak ones.
- Understand password lifetime parameters.
- Define how many failed logins allowed before locking accounts.
- Use impossible passwords rather than lock accounts to thwart attackers.
- Limit system resource usage to prevent DoS attacks.
- Audit information on users and profiles.
- Download scripts and resources to test account security.