This resource is no longer available
Data Deduplication Background
This technical white paper takes an in-depth look at data deduplication; an increasing popular technology with the purpose of increasing the amount of information that can be stored on disk arrays, as well as the effective amount of data that can be transmitted over networks.
Access this resource now to develop a better understanding of deduplication and the role it plays throughout the IT infrastructure. Topics discussed include:
- Overview of data deduplication methodology
- Fixed-length blocks vs. variable-length data segments
- Effect of change in deduplicated storage pools
- Sharing a common deduplication block pool
- Data deduplication architectures
- Data deduplication policies
- Applying data deduplication to replication
- And much more!