The creation and sharing of digital information within the typical enterprise continues to accelerate. Being able to effectively and efficiently exchange this information to and from any location or person is a prerequisite for every successful company today. However, the very same technologies (i.e. email, Web, IM, etc.) that allow this advanced level of connectivity and collaboration between employees, customers, and partners also generates an enormous security risk for the enterprises that use them. A single “insider” breach of sensitive data, whether inadvertent, intentional or downright malicious, can expose the company to far reaching financial, public relations, legal, and brand reputation costs.
A comprehensive solution will help an organization find, classify, and control the use of sensitive data throughout the company while providing the benefits such as:
• Identifying and analyzing data at all control points including at the endpoint, at rest, at
the message server, and on the network.
• Reducing the risk of high-profile losses of Personally Identifiable Information and
Protected Health Information (PHI).
• Preventing the inadvertent or malicious disclosure of sensitive information.
• Addressing government and industry information protection regulations.
• Prevent violations of general corporate security and behavioral policies.
Read this paper to learn how a data loss prevention solution can protect your company's sensitive data.