Outbound Email And Data Loss Prevention In Today's Enterprise, 2009
How concerned are companies about the content of email leaving their organizations? And how do companies manage the legal and financial risks associated with outbound email? To find out, Proofpoint and Osterman Research conducted an online survey of technology decision makers at 220 large US companies during June 2009.
This report summarizes the findings of Proofpoint's sixth-annual email security and data loss prevention study, including surprising statistics about how large companies manage the risks associated with outbound email, blog postings, media sharing sites, social networking sites, mobile Internet-connected devices and other electronic communications streams.
New topics in this year's survey include data risks related to short message services such as Twitter and a look at how the global economic recession is affecting data security.
Download your copy of this 2009 Proofpoint survey report and learn:
- Techniques these companies use to reduce outbound email risks
- How much email contains risky content
- What percentage of companies employ staff to read outbound email
- How many companies have fired employees for email, blog, message board, social networking and media sharing site policy violations
- How common are violations of privacy regulations and leaks of confidential information facilitated by email, blogs, message-boards, social networking sites and media sharing sites
- Adoption rates for various content scanning, encryption, email archiving and other data loss prevention technologies
- Proofpoint, Inc.
- 12 Aug 2009
- 11 Aug 2009
- White Paper