This resource is no longer available
Increase Productivity by Providing Notebooks Beyond the Road Warriors
Forrester's study yielded four key findings:
- Enterprises are becoming increasingly dependent on notebooks
- Remote management and anti-theft tools will ease any remaining notebook Concerns
- Productivity and responsiveness are driving deeper notebook penetration across the Enterprise
- The workforce is changing and has loftier mobile support expectations of IT
Forrester's in-depth interviews with 322 PC decision-makers revealed that firms can increase productivity, enhance customer satisfaction, and drive operational costs down through expanded notebook investments across all employee segments - not just road warriors and heavy travelers. To continue on this extended mobile enterprise trajectory, companies need to execute on three imperatives.
- Make mobility a strategic asset if you haven't already to better align IT initiatives with business objectives.
- Move beyond a one-size-fits-all model to better serve your diverse, ever-changing, and increasingly demanding workforce needs.
- Look to new remote management and anti-theft tools to better manage PCs, even when off or the operating system is inoperable, and to better protect sensitive data, even in the event of a lost or stolen machine