sponsored by IBM
Posted:  06 Oct 2008
Published:  04 Oct 2008
Format:  PDF
Length:  16  Page(s)
Type:  White Paper
Language:  English
ABSTRACT:

With today's market realities-rising energy costs; shrinking power and space capacity; increased regulatory scrutiny; and higher customer expectations-going green is not only socially responsible, it's an economic imperative. Traditional green IT strategies have focused on the data center alone, which accounts for only 2% of global CO2 emissions. For IT to impact the other 98% requires a new paradigm-one in which software is the key to realizing energy efficiencies throughout the organization-dramatically reducing environmental impact and energy costs. This paper explores optimization strategies around the key areas of people, workloads and infrastructure, including entry points, relevant solutions, and demonstrated benefits being achieved today with IBM Software solutions. Utilization of these capabilities can help you meet the increasing challenges of energy efficiency, cost containment and compliance.






BROWSE RELATED RESOURCES
Business Process Management | Business Processes | Cooling Capacity | Cost Benefit Analysis | Infrastructure Management | Power Supplies | Regulatory Compliance | Software Development Methodologies

View All Resources sponsored by IBM

About TechTarget:

TechTarget provides enterprise IT professionals with the information they need to perform their jobs - from developing strategy, to making cost-effective IT purchase decisions and managing their organizations' IT projects - with its network of technology-specific Web sites, events and magazines

All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2014, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement