This resource is no longer available
Maximizing IT Investments: Recession-proofing Your Network
Below is a checklist of activities that network groups should implement to ensure they are supporting the CIO's top technology priorities:
1. Accelerate Web Applications: Deploy solutions that improve the performance of the web-based applications that are critical to the CIO.
2. Maximize Server Investments: Minimize or eliminate the need to add additional servers.
3. Maximize Storage Investments: Minimize or eliminate the need to add additional storage.
4. Ensure Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery: Ensure the availability of the applications that are critical to the CIO and the business.
5. Implement ADC Devices with Intelligent Scripting Functionality: Reduce the time and cost associated with making changes to an application.
6. Reduce Implementation Time and Management Overhead: Reduce the deployment time, cost, and complexity associated with the applications that are critical to the CIO.
As noted, the technologies exist in the marketplace to allow network teams to implement the initiatives listed above. However, network teams must be proactive in identifying when they can add value by helping to leverage existing assets such as servers and storage. Network teams must also position themselves to be part of the initial planning process of deploying a new application. In this way, they can demonstrate up-front the value they provide in ensuring the availability and performance of the application