This resource is no longer available
Moving to Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance in Three Days Using EventTracker
The purpose of this document is to explain how EventTracker can help your organization meet the audit reporting requirements of The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX). EventTracker is a reliable, proactive and practical enterprise class solution to centrally monitor, analyze and manage events generated by Windows NT/2K/XP/2003, UNIX systems and SNMP enabled devices.
EventTracker collects and retains log data and generates necessary reports, alerts and graphs providing a review of internal controls in a comprehensive format for Auditors. EventTracker:
- Consolidates all the event data and system configuration changes from all your Windows, UNIX, SYSLOG/SYSLOG-NG systems as well as all SNMP devices to a central repository. You can manage millions of events and terabytes of raw audit trails from a wide variety of sources.
- Compresses the complete audit trail data with compression rates over 90%. It encrypts the log data, appends an encrypted signature (MD5 checksum), and stores the logs in a tamperproof event vault. Events can be retained online for up to seven years. Compliance standards require the secure retention of Log data for a period of years.
- Automatically generates the reports required by auditors and stores them in a directory ready for internal and external review.
- Provides a secure, role-based web interface for system administrators and auditors to review and generate reports.
- Correlates events from various sources providing real-time, automatic, accurate determination of attack success and related business issues.
- Prism Microsystems Inc.
- 30 May 2008
- 10 Jan 2007
- 11 Page(s)
- White Paper