This resource is no longer available
Business and technical considerations for email archiving
Because email archiving systems vary in features, the process of matching a solution to an individual company's architectural, business and legal requirements is very complex. In this webcast, Foskett offers an overview of architectural considerations and major email archiving methods, ranging from managed and hosted solutions to hardware and software combinations. He also provides key questions to ask when sizing and pricing an archiving system, including:
- Can it ingest an existing mail store or PST File?
- Can it handle multiple email systems?
- Can it do single instancing or deduplication?
- Is Litigation Hold functionality integrated?
- Can it integrate with third-party tools?
Click here to register:
Director of Data Practice, Contoural
Stephen Foskett is Director of Contoural's Data Practice. This group provides strategic consulting to Fortune 500 companies which assist enterprise customers in aligning their storage and computing infrastructures with their business objectives. Foskett has provided vendor-independent end user consulting on storage topics for over 10 years, has authored numerous articles, and is a popular presenter at industry events.
- May 21, 2008, 13:30 EDT (17:30 GMT)