This resource is no longer available
An Introduction to the HP Virtual Server Environment
Although everyone agrees that virtualization technologies are a key component of an adaptive infrastructure, HP takes a somewhat different view of virtualization than that of our competitors. The HP Virtual Server Environment (VSE) encompasses technologies that many people wouldn't consider to be strictly "virtualization technologies."
The VSE is a suite of HP virtualization products and solutions that run on HP 9000 and HP Integrity servers. As with the Adaptive Infrastructure vision, the vision for VSE is focused on the solution it provides for customers. Here are some of the goals that HP has been working on for the last few years:
- Workloads are encapsulated in isolated "compartments."
- Workloads are installed once and can run anywhere.
- Resources are automatically applied to workloads as they are needed according to business rules defined by the customer.
- If necessary, workloads are moved to provide better resource allocation or high availability.
- Groups of systems are managed as a single entity, from a workload service and physical perspective.