This resource is no longer available
Blades and Virtualization Podcast
Do blade servers improve or worsen the power and cooling crisis in data centers? This hot-button topic and many others are covered in this SearchServerVirtualization.com Podcast with Burton Group analyst and IT book author Chris Wolf.
This Podcast covers:
- Blade architectures and the primary difference between blades and racks
- Pointers on using blades and virtualization together
- Why blade servers are considered to be a good platform for virtualization
- Whether blade servers offer real economic advantages for consolidators
- What kind of performance to expect from blades
Senior Analyst, Burton Group
Chris Wolf is a Senior Analyst with the Burton Group, specializing in virtualization, high availability, and enterprise storage. Chris is the author of several books including "Virtualization: From the Desktop to the Enterprise" and "Troubleshooting Microsoft Technologies," and is a frequent contributor of SearchServerVirtualization.com. Chris has logged 14 years in IT and has focused on virtualization and high availability since 2000.
- 08 Feb 2008
- Feb 8, 2008, 09:00 EST (14:00 GMT)