This resource is no longer available
Scaling Storage with Clustering
Greg Schulz, Founder and a Senior Analyst for the StorageIO Group, looks at clustered storage as a technique to scale both I/Os to meet transaction processing and bandwidth along with other cluster storage scaling benefits for both SAN and NAS environments.
View this Videocast to get the answers to the most pressing questions on clustering, including:
- What are the defining characteristics of clustered storage and how does it differ from traditional storage environments?
- Does implementing a clustered storage system force other changes in the storage environment?
- Are there particular applications that benefit more from clustered storage?
- Is an organization locked into a certain architecture or vendor after implementation?
- Is there a difference between grid computing and clusters?
- And more
SpeakerGreg Schulz Founder, The Server and StorageIO Group
Greg Schulz is founder of the independent IT industry advisory and consultancy firm The Server and StorageIO Group (StorageIO). At StorageIO Schulz spends most of his time providing real-world advisory, analyst and custom confidential consultancy services to clients ranging from small to Fortune 100 organizations on a global basis. He has more than 30 years of experience across applications, archive, backup, BC and DR, performance and capacity planning, cloud and virtualization.