This resource is no longer available
Laptop lock-down: Encrypting enterprise data-on-the-go
This expert webcast examines the notebook encryption product landscape, and how to determine which technology strategies are appropriate for your enterprise.
In this webcast, we examine:
- Business risks posed by the data stored on laptops that leave the office
- Financial, legal, and regulatory drivers that lead employers to encrypt laptop data
- Common approaches to mobile data encryption (full device, file/folder, field)
- Pragmatic considerations (maintenance, backup/restore, performance)
- Fitting encryption in IT processes (automated deployment, audit compliance)
- Deploying laptop encryption as part of a broader mobile security initiative
SpeakerLisa Phifer President, Core Competence Inc.
Session 3: Diverse Mobile Platforms, Complicated Security
Session 4: Safeguarding Mobile Applications
Lisa Phifer has been involved in the design, implementation, and evaluation of networking, security, and management products for over 25 years. Since joining Core Competence in 1995, she has advised companies large and small regarding security needs, product assessment, and the use of emerging technologies and best practices. Lisa teaches about wireless LANs and mobile device security and management, and has written extensively for numerous publications, such as enterpriseNetworkingPlanet, Information Security Magazine, SearchMobileComputing, SearchSecurity, and more.