This resource is no longer available
Guarding Against Next-Gen Spam/ Phishing Attacks
This Webcast examines state-of-the-art defenses in email attacks and looks specifically at the technological and management requirements facing these new threats. It also addresses the use of established email security products, such as gateway antivirus, antispam and content filtering technologies, as well as newer defenses being deployed today and in the near future to combat messaging threats.
Topics covered in this Webcast include:
- How advanced phishing and spam attacks work and why they are successful
- The limitations of existing messaging security products in combating these threats
- Designing and implementing an effective messaging security policy
- Working with ISPs to secure message traffic
- The special problems posed by webmail applications
SpeakerMike Rothman President, Securosis
Mike Rothman is president of Securosis, an independent information security research and consulting firm. Having spent over 15 years as an end-user advocate for global enterprises and mid-sized businesses, Rothman's role is to educate and stimulate thought-provoking discussion on how information security contributes to core business imperatives.