This resource is no longer available
The Mobile Virus: Coming to Your Handheld Soon?
There has been a rise in the threat vector of various mobile devices -- specifically malware. Is the problem really that serious? Our expert will explain to security professionals the top threat vectors and how they happen:
- Viruses transmitted from the "network"
- Viruses transmitted from other mobile devices
- SMS text messaging spam
- Downloads: Trojans/back doors in photos, video, email, ring tones
- Preventive procedures/policies for security managers
- Preventive technologies: baked in and add-ons
- Threats to anticipate in the future
Also included will be how to standardize a corporate mobile AV policy when you have non-standard devices (models, types, form factors) to protect.
SpeakerSandra Kay Miller Contributor, Information Security magazine Sandra Kay Miller is a technical editor for Information Security magazine with fifteen years of experience in developing and deploying leading edge technologies throughout the petroleum, manufacturing, luxury resort and software industries, and a decade as an independent information security technology analyst.