Exchange Server Backup and Recovery -- What, How and Why
In this Podcast, Lee Benjamin, Microsoft MVP for Exchange Server and principal advisor at ExchangeGuy Consulting Services explains the past, present and future of the Exchange Server backup and recovery process and tackles these burning questions:
- What Exchange Server components and data should you back up?
- Why is testing your ability to recover Exchange Server so important?
- How do traditional backup methods compare to "snapshots" (VSS)?
- What Exchange 2003 best practices do you need to implement now?
- What should you be aware of for Exchange 2007?
Principal Advisor, ExchangeGuy Consulting Services
Lee Benjamin is a Microsoft MVP for Exchange Server, a regular seminar and conference speaker, and chair of the largest Exchange User Group in the world, www.ExchangeServerBoston.com. As principal advisor at ExchangeGuy Consulting Services, Lee works with customers, software companies and partners. He is truly New England's original ExchangeGuy, having spent six years working for Microsoft during Exchange Server's design, beta testing, and serving through its first three releases as evangelist and consultant. Lee also writes regularly for Ferris Research www.Ferris.com.
- Symantec Corporation
- 14 Nov 2006
- Nov 16, 2006, 09:00 EST (14:00 GMT)