This resource is no longer available
Messaging Security: Understanding the Threat of eMail and IM Attacks
We are all familiar with phishing and IM virus threats, but how concerned should you be? In this expert Podcast, learn more about:
- The evolving threats to enterprise communications
- The severity of phishing and IM viruses
- The effectiveness and requirements of unified messaging security products
This 15-minute podcast helps assess the evolving threats to enterprise communications. Mike Cobb, Founder and Managing Director of Cobweb Applications Ltd., investigates the severity of phishing and IM virus threats, and spends time assessing the effectiveness and requirements of unified messaging security products. Tune in and listen as Mike addresses:
- How IM viruses and worms compare to their email-borne equivalents and the damage they have caused
- The top five recommendations for someone trying to secure the use of email and IM within their organization
- Whether or not the move to interoperability between IM services is beneficial for messaging security
SpeakerMike Cobb Founder and Managing Director, Cobweb Applications Ltd.
Michael Cobb, CISSP-ISSAP is a renowned security author with more than 10 years of experience in the IT industry and another 16 years of experience in finance. He is the founder and managing director of Cobweb Applications Ltd., a consultancy that offers IT training and support in data security and analysis. He co-authored the book IIS Security and has written numerous technical articles for leading IT publications. Michael is also a Microsoft Certified Database Administrator and a Microsoft Certified Professional.