This resource is no longer available
Large Scale SAN Consolidation
View this presentation from Storage Decisions New York, 2006 and learn how Kindred Healthcare consolidated its SAN environment from dozens of switches to two new SANs with just four modular directors.
Along the way, the storage team at Kindred Healthcare learned some crucial lessons that helped it to drive this highly successful SAN consolidation.
- Discover the steps used planning a SAN consolidation project
- Identifying technical/business risks -- and how to avoid or mitigate them
- Selecting a team with a clear division of responsibilities
- How advanced planning and training can result in virtually no down time
- Potential pitfalls that could cause SAN consolidation and migration to fail
- How to triage the migration when there are problems
Kindred Healthcare Inc.
- Storage Decisions sponsored by Incipient
- 02 Oct 2006
- 27 Sep 2006