This resource is no longer available
The Practical Side of Server Virtualization
Until recently, partitions, workload managers and similar tools were only known to mainframers and large UNIX shops. Today, these technologies are being adopted across all of IT through virtualization, server consolidation and utility computing and are the natural solution to problems surrounding physical systems with static configurations.
In this white paper, industry expert Jonathan Eunice examines several questions administrators have when considering server virtualization:
- Which aspects of virtualization are practical to implement today?
- Which components of virtualization can wait?
- What are effective use models?
- What tools do most virtualization solutions come with?
Also outlined are successful real world virtualization examples, the undisputed benefits of server virtualization and other tangible business values that can be realized as a result of this new technology.
Download The Practical Side of Server Virtualization
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- 25 Jul 2006
- 27 Apr 2006
- 8 Page(s)
- White Paper