This resource is no longer available
Guarding the Gate: VPN Deployment Strategies
Remote access virtual private networks can reduce the cost of business communication while extending secure remote access to teleworkers, travelers and mobile professionals. But implementing and managing a strong, flexible VPN that won't over-burden staff or break your budget can be challenging. This hour-long webcast will enable security practitioners to better understand what it takes to deploy a VPN that really meets workforce needs without unacceptable limitations or risk. Learn strategies that can help your organization:
- Satisfy VPN client-side requirements on remote user devices
- Support target applications and policies by applying the right VPN tools
- Integrate VPN authentication with existing network services and identities
- Apply endpoint security and admission controls to avoid VPN compromise
- Overcome common deployment barriers like NAT traversal and network roaming
SpeakerLisa Phifer President, Core Competence Inc.
Session 3: Diverse Mobile Platforms, Complicated Security
Session 4: Safeguarding Mobile Applications
Lisa Phifer has been involved in the design, implementation, and evaluation of networking, security, and management products for over 25 years. Since joining Core Competence in 1995, she has advised companies large and small regarding security needs, product assessment, and the use of emerging technologies and best practices. Lisa teaches about wireless LANs and mobile device security and management, and has written extensively for numerous publications, such as enterpriseNetworkingPlanet, Information Security Magazine, SearchMobileComputing, SearchSecurity, and more.