Extended Tiered Storage Networks
You have heard the terms WAN, MAN, LAN and SAN along with tiered storage, information lifecycle management, serial-attached SCSI and SATA, among others. Learn how to leverage and align these and other storage access technologies to work for you to meet your specific distance needs.
Learn how to:
- Look in and understand what's inside MAN and WAN "generic network clouds"
- Determine what levels of access you need and where
- Capacity and performance planning and management
- Implement security and availability for tiered storage access
This session assumes basic to moderate knowledge of storage and storage networking (SAN and NAS) practices and technologies. By attending this session you gain a better understanding of topics, including a look inside the mysterious generic networking cloud for metropolitan area networks (MAN) and WAN. Topics covered include LAN, MAN, WAN, SAN, along with IP, iSCSI, FC, serial-atttached SCSI, SATA, FICON, WiFi, NAS, wide-area file services, virtualization and routing.
President & CDS,
Dragon Slayer Consulting
- Storage Decisions Conference
- 03 Oct 2005
- 01 Sep 2005