Innovations in Storage
This session is focused on providing insight to specific innovations including technologies, features, and architectures related to storage systems. The presentation will also include the benefits of the above and how customers are applying them in their environments. Among the topics to be covered include network clustered storage, storage virtualization, de-duplication of data, distributed file systems covering SAN, NAS and Object-based storage.
Attendees should walk away with:
- An understanding of different storage system technologies and architectures
- How these technologies and architectures can solve problems
- How other end users are implementing the above and the return they have seen
- ESG Lab analysis of these solutions and our findings
- Questions to ask about the above
ESG is a leading analyst firm with a core focus on storage. ESG Lab is a hands-on service that analyzes storage systems including NAS, SAN and Object-based as well as other storage-related products. ESG Lab works with and interviews a number of end user customers to understand their challenges and share information. Additionally, ESG Research surveys thousands of customers annually to gain greater insight to requirements, implementation of technologies and issues.
The presentation assumes basic knowledge of storage systems.
Enterprise Strategy Group / ESG Lab
- Storage Decisions
- 20 May 2005
- 20 May 2005